Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Mucky Nutz Face Fender Review

I was down at Eastern Panhandle Bicycles the other day just looking around shooting the breeze with Brian the owner about a big group ride we were organizing and I saw the Mucky Nutz fender on his bike on the stand. Of course I ask him about it, next thing you know I bought one! Rushed home right then to install on the bike.

The Mucky Nutz Face Fender is such a simple yet effective design. Very easy to install on the fork. Package included nice velcro straps to secure the fender most likely every fork out there. After just a few minutes including time for pictures and off/on of the front wheel the fender was secure and ready to roll. Luckily for me it wouldn't be long before I tested it. To make things better there was a light rain that evening followed by unusually warmer temperatures in my area giving me a tacky riding surface. It was a day to have a fender!


I have never ridden with a fender before so this complaint may just come with the territory but it didn't take long for a leaf to get stuck against some mud on the bottom side of the fender that drove me nutz.(get it?) I ended up getting off to clear the leaf. After that there were a few occasions of my tires not shedding mud and leaves sticking to the tire, they only rubbed a few rotations. Overall I was happy because the Mucky Nutz did its job, my glasses stayed mostly clean, and I didn't get a lot of junk from my front wheel all over me.
 (Except for a little splatter from a buddies back tire)


Every ride since the first have gotten better and the Mucky Nutz has become part of the bike. I don't think I will be taking it off anytime soon. It even blends so well it almost looks like it came with my fork. I have been wanting to step up a tire size to a 2.3-2.4 but I think if I keep the fender on there that might limit tire size a little, I'm running a 2.2 Kenda Nevegal with a pretty aggressive tread pattern and its pretty close to touching now. That would be my other mark against this product. I am considering getting one for my cross/road bike for wet rides and such. Mucky Nutz also has frame protection as well as fat bike oWill review them if I do! Thanks for reading! Comment if there are any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear back from you...!