Monday, June 6, 2016

Bad Run of Luck...

        
        I have been trying to ride as much as I can recently. I have a lot going on right now and my work schedule has been crazy but I have still managed to get out on a few good rides. My road rides have gone off without a hitch besides one incident with my water bottles. On the other hand my mountain rides have been plagued recently with breakdowns, flats, failing components, and a forgetful rider. In a way I hope that I am the only one with this problem. One ride was just a flat on my front which was not setup tubeless, (long story)but that is fixed now.

RD was toast!
At least it was a nice day!

        Another ride I forgot my shoes, so rode my candy's in sneakers. That same ride a large stick got lodged on my cassette somehow and one pedal stroke brought it around and pulled my rear derailleur up, around, and into my spokes. Brought me to a quick stop. No spokes were broke in this incident. did twist the RD but the hanger survived as well. That  could have been  a expensive fix! Thanks to Eastern Panhandle Bicycles for having a RD in stock. Got me back on the trail in days!





      


       Next mtb ride I forgot my Osprey pack, no  water or tools I charged on, found a bottle in my car and filled it with mountain stream water. As if that wasn't enough my non-drive side crank arm came loose and worked its way off. With a walk back to my car I found a multitool and repaired the crank arm and finished the ride. Did I mention that this was not the first time that crank arm worked off, happened a few rides after purchasing the bike, I chalked that up to me not checking torque like I should have. Time for some Loctite!
  
        I hope the rest of this season turns around. I don't mind a few hiccups and breaks, proof of use, but this is getting out of hand. I'd like to get a few rides in without issue soon. Can anyone else relate?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear back from you...!