Saturday, January 17, 2015

2015, New Year, New Goals

         I feel like this is always the way I start all my posts but it has been awhile since I have been on here. One goal for this year is to write a few more times than last year. Maybe I should start with a little recap of last year's highlights...........that's it!

2014 Trek Superfly 9
First Podium
 It wasn't that bad but I have to say it wasn't a whole lot better. I did get to take one MTBing trip this past year. A few close friends and I drove down to Bryce Resort and ripped a day of downhill. Some of my riding buddies know that downhill is in no way an area of cycling I enjoy or excel at but I have to admit it was a good time! I borrowed a Scott Genius 650B from EPBC for the trip. I guess I did better then some, stayed on the right side of the bars and was never holding anyone up, even cleared a few of the jumps! Other than Bryce I also raced in the 9hrs OF Crank Monkey at Rocky Gap SP again this past year but in a different class then before; I raced solo Clydesdale. This class is set up for the heavies to ride as many of the 9 mile laps in a 3hr period. This race was my first podium ever! I placed 3rd amongst the big guys! my buddy Ralph beat me out for 2nd, I won't lie, I wasn't even close to beating him for 2nd. I guess looking back at those two events and all the good rides I did with friends as well as solo rides, even taco'd a wheel but it wasn't a bad year...Oh and I bought a new BIKE!
Out on the maiden voyage...got a flat!

A few goal I have set out for this year are:
  • 2000 miles
  • 3-5 races
  • 1 podium 
  • 1 Destination MTB trip (Bikation)
  • A century (100 mile road ride)
  • A canal century (100 mile gravel ride)
  • Ride at Fountainhead SP (commute past it most days)
  • Get at least one more person on a bike!
Well there was a little recap from last year and some aspirations for this year on the bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear back from you...!