Thursday, March 8, 2012

FINISHED...! Titus 2X10 Project!

Before Shot

Finished Product


 Well it is time to post up the final pictures of my new Titus Motolite. I got this bike a few seasons ago and decided this year to give her a face lift and a new drive-train. I decided to go with a whole Sram X-9 2X10 drive system that I got through Brian down at EPBC. Many of the other parts where already newish and didn't require replacement. I got the frame stripped and re-powdercoated and cleared over the sticker set. The Mavic Crossline Wheelset that I have on there are a little heavy but can surely take the beating from my bigger self as well as the rough rocky terrain in this area.

The build came in right below 28 pounds minus pedals so I am thinking right about that ready to rid. With these wheels I was trying to build a sub 30 pound bike so I am happy. Going with a lighter wheelset and maybe even tubeless in the future will lighten it up a little. I can't wait to get out and ride it this season though. Well I got to go now and bled the brakes and take a test ride.
Thanks for reading and let me know what you think. I have never had a comment on my blog yet...haha



4 comments:

  1. Test of my comment layout...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you and all of your hard work :) Maybe one day you could build a bike for me and Granty...LOL Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Road Warrior09 March, 2012

    Looks good. Bring it down to the Va MTB festival in Stokesville, Va. Memorial Day weekend, and you can give it a good workout.

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear back from you...!