Sunday, March 18, 2012

New Garmin Edge 200-(initial review)

I recently left my roadie on my rack overnight and it happened to be a night with a heavy dew. Needless to say my cycling computer was no longer working. I was looking at a replacement computer and stumbled on Garmin's new product the Edge 200. I was surprised at the price for a cycling computer that was also a GPS unit. The Garmin retails for 149.99. This price was fairly good considering the cost of most cycling computers that are not GPS capable. The Garmin Edge 200 was a breeze to get started with, just charge, mount, and ride. There are many features on this unit such as auto pause, saved routes, split times, lap times, and others. I have only used this on one ride so far and love it. From what I can tell the battery lasts a long time too. It was also very easy to load my activity onto the Garmin Connect site as well as other ride tracking sites such as Strava. I will write a final review of the product after a few more uses. I want to take it off the beaten path and see how she does in the woods!As always EP/BC was the place for these awesome products plus the knowledge to keep your bike going...










2 comments:

  1. great info - nice photos. hit me up when you post more info about your experience with the garmin edge 200, i feel the same as you, its a great product but is somewhat limited compared to more advanced garmin edge gps units. I recommend the garmin edge 200 for people that are looking to try out a garmin edge product but dont want to drop more than $200.00, great GPS unit to "get your feet wet" so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personal computers are intended for absolutely everyone from the most informal rider
    to the pretty intense endurance athlete. The only exception to this is if you're a serious downhill biker, big landing can displace the sensors on a wireless unit and so in this case I recommend a wired unit. This normally involves measuring your bike wheel circumference; however, instructions on how to do this will come with your bike computer.

    My webpage; wireless bike computer - -

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear back from you...!